Paper, poster or project submission
The full paper should be submitted in English using the template provided.
All submitted papers will be double blind peer reviewed by the conference’s Scientific Committee.
All paper presentations should be of 20 minutes duration, with a subsequent 5 minutes allowed for questions.
Poster and Project
The Organising Committee will provide a space for the presentation and exhibition of the projects and posters selected by the Scientific Committee. These will be displayed during the Conference.
Instructions to SUBMIT paper, project or poster contributions
Authors are invited to submit a full paper (3000 words maximum), until
December 30th, 2013 January 10th:
- Use the EasyChair platform link to submit the paper at > https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cumulusav2014
- Send a word file (doc. or docx) – save the file with the initials of the title of your contribution. Example – ‘My Paper Submission’ – MPS.doc, MPS.docx
- The contributions should be anonymous and should not contain the name(s) of the author(s). Documents that do not comply with this rule will be excluded from the evaluation process.
- The official language of the conference is English. Submissions which do not comply with this rule will be excluded from the evaluation process.
If your contribution is accepted by the Scientific Committee, and once you have registered for the Conference, you may be invited to present your work at the Conference as an oral communication. However, this is dependent on the decision of the Scientific Committee, as you may alternatively be invited to present a poster or a project instead. The paper, project or poster will be published in the online version of the Conference Proceedings (ISBN) once you have registered for the conference. The Scientific Committee and the Cumulus Board will select some papers and posters to be published in the printed version of the Cumulus Working Papers.
You can send a revised version of the paper, with the Scientific Committee suggestions or comments included, until 1st April 2014:
- Use again the EasyChair platform link to submit the new version of the paper at > https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cumulusav2014
- Send a word file (doc. or docx) – save the file with the same name as the previous one.
Model File Paper (please click to download and use this model to submit your paper)
- Paper up to 3000 words
- Final paper text up to 4000 words (including abstract, footnotes and references).
- References in Normal style following APA guidelines
January 30th February 10th 2014, authors are invited to submit a poster through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Model File Poster (please click to download and use this model to submit your poster)
Posters should be A1 in size, at 300 dpi., .pdf file. It must contain images (e.g. photographs, drawings, tables, diagrams, …) and up to 300 words abstract.
If your contribution is accepted by the Scientific Committee, and once you have completed the conference registration, your poster will be exhibited during the Conference.
Posters should be submitted electronically, for printing, by Friday, April 1st 2014, and will be printed by the Conference team. Use the same email address to send the final version of the poster:
Please use a online file transfer service to send the poster if it exceeds 8mb.
- References must be in Normal style following APA guidelines
January 30th February 10th 2014 authors are invited to submit a project through the email email@example.com.
Projects must be presented in video format and should meet the following requirements:
• Length of video should be < 5 minutes
• Size of video file should be < 500 Megabits [MB] (please use a online file transfer service to send the video)
• Audio is required
• The video must include all of the following components: 1) project identification; 2) problem/context; 3) methods; 4) soluctions/findings; 5) closure and future studies/recommendations
• Video file format should be .MOV (Quicktime) or .MP4 (MPEG4)
• Accepted videos will be hosted on the Conference’s youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/cumulusaveiro2014. Specific encoding instructions for best display results can be found here.
• We can provide a ftp connection or a Dropbox account. Please contact us for specific instructions.
• Video file should feature all the authors’ names provided on the opening screen
If your contribution is accepted by the Scientific Committee, and once you have registered for the Conference, your project will be exhibited during the Conference.
ABOUT THE PEER REVIEW PROCESS
During the double blind peer review process, two members of the Scientific Committee assess your work. Should they have any suggestions or comments to make about your documents, they will be included in a table that will be then sent for your perusal. Should your work be accepted by both members of the committee without any comments in the first stage of the revision, your contribution will be included in the Conference Record for digital publishing. If one or both members of the Scientific Committee request document revision, you must make the appropriate changes in the text, complying with the deadlines set by the Organising Committee, as the revised document must be sent for a second assessment. Your work will not be accepted for publishing in the Conference Proceedings in the following cases:
- When neither member of the Scientific Committee accepts it in the first stage of the review process.
- When the new version sent for a second assessment is not accepted